This document details the process for our Food Hall clients when their Traders change, to reflect that change in Kobas.
Last updated 06 Jun 2023
Is this relevant to me?
This article is written for our Food Hall style venues, who operate on a central server set up. If you are unsure if this applies to you, check with your Kobas champion.
Otherwise, speak with the Support Help Desk, Account Manager or Implementation Co-ordinator if you are unsure.
- What changes need to happen
- What information you need from the Trader
- What you need to do
- Contacting Kobas
- When a trader leaves
What changes need to happen
Each of your traders operates as a “venue” in Kobas Cloud, which you can create and manage. The physical tills / iPads in the unit talk to one of your servers on site. When a change in trader happens, we need to tell the server that that those tills now send their information to a different venue within Kobas cloud.
We don't make changes to a live server during your hours of business, to avoid any issues with live sales. For this reason, we plan the change in with a minimum of five working days notice.
If you don't complete this process, Traders will have access to commercially sensitive and personal data from other Traders/companies and could result in a GDPR breach.
What information you need from the trader
The below table gives you a basic outline of information to ask of your new trader to set them up correctly in Kobas:
|What it's used for in Kobas
|Public contact information
|Email, phone number and Social Media. The address has to be set to the Food Hall's address. If not, the trader will not appear in the Food Hall online.
|Venue Details (receipts)
Each member of staff that will need a log in. This could be a Till User and a Concession Manager account per Trader, or one per staff member. Kobas would always suggest each user has their own log in for accountability. Required details are: Full Name, email, phone number, address. Pay details need to be filled in, but we suggest putting zero hour contract and zero salary for staff not paid by the Food Hall.
|New Application > New Starter > Current Staff
Format: bmp, gif, jpg, jpeg, or png.
Note: The logo will be adjusted to be 200px wide. Use: EPoS and Online Receipts, as well as the Online Ordering "Vendor Selector" page.
|Venue Details > Sales & Marketing and Online Ordering
|Legal requirement to be presented on receipts.
|Venue Details > Financial Settings
|Menu sections, items and modifiers
Here is a spreadsheet we recommend passing to your traders for them to fill in their menus. You will need to know for EPoS Items:
And for Mmodifiers:
|EPoS Item's, Categories and Modifiers.
What do you need to do?
These are the steps the Food Hall will need to take in order to implement the new trader:
- Create a new venue in cloud, and copy the Till, Preparation and PDQ information from the venue which has closed (as the hardware will remain the same).
- Fill in the Details, Sales & Marketing, Financial Settings and Online Ordering tabs with the information from the trader (see above).
- Create user accounts (at least one with ability to manage PLU's etc) and send these to the trader.
- Add EPoS Items and Modifiers, and then create a new Menu and add the EPoS Items to the menu.
- Send appropriate training links (below) to the traders.
- Make contact with Kobas (below).
Kobas will need five working days’ notice to complete this change. Note we will also ask for the Kobas Venue ID number of the venue you have created. This can be found by going to Administration > Rota Sales Budget > “your venue ID numbers”.
When the above is complete, please complete the online request form for Kobas to create the change.
Note: Any inaccuracies or changes to the above information will cause delay. If a new trader begins to trade before this process is complete, there is a charge to rectify the data in your account.
When a trader leaves
Account Hygiene is a very important concept to understand when maintaining your Kobas account. Lots of inaccurate, unused and outdated data will lead to performance issues and increased human error.
Therefore, when a trader has ceased trading, you should:
- Delete their Modifiers, EPoS Items, Discounts and Price Bands.
- Delete their Menus, and any specifically created Menu Pages.
- Mark any staff profiles as Exited.
- Put an End Date on their Venue in Administration > Venues.
- Begin the What do you need to do process above (even if you don't have a trader confirmed) by creating a new Kobas Venue, copying over the Till, Printer & PDQ information and contacting Kobas. This means when you do have a new trader you can simply fill in the rest of the information and get them started.
Training pages for traders: