The day-to-day operation of Kobas is centered around tasks completed each day by venue management to create logs and declarations required for the running of the business.
Last updated 11 Nov 2022
The structure of the Daily Tasks are:
- Opening Tasks (mandatory) - completed before trading for the day
- In-Shift Tasks (optional) - to keep on top of jobs throughout the day
- Closing tasks (mandatory) - declarations and logs to complete after trading has ended for the day
The following elements are available within Daily Tasks:
|Opening Tasks||In-Shift Tasks||Closing Tasks|
|Checklist - a customisable checklist of jobs.||Y||Y||N|
|Handover - notes for the next shift.||Y||N||Y|
|Safe Log - Declaring the cash in the safe.||Y||N||Y|
|Till Float Log - Declaring the cash in the till floats.||Y||N||Y|
|Hours Worked - Logging actual hours worked.||N||N||Y|
|Incidents - Recording incidents from that day.||N||N||Y|
|Petty Cash - Logging cash taken out as Petty Cash.||N||N||Y|
|Cash Log - Final declaration of takings for the day.||N||N||Y|
- Checklist items and Daily Tasks can be set to be completed Daily, Weekly, or Monthly.
- If your server is temporarily unable to access the internet, you should follow the steps in this guide to complete closing tasks without access to the internet.
- Please note that you cannot start your Closing Tasks until Opening Tasks are completed.
- In order to complete Daily Tasks, you need the relevant permissions for which tasks you are undertaking. See more here about setting Staff User Permission levels.
Administrators: Configuring Daily Tasks
Administrators need to review and configure the Daily Tasks required in each venue.
Managers: Completing Your Daily Tasks
Information on completing your Daily Tasks can be found in our manager's training section.
Top Tip: Within the Daily Tasks menu, when you view your actual Logs, you can see who has entered and changed values and when. This will aid investigating staff and variances over time.